We’ve all heard ’em say… “Just Venmo me.” For the last 10 years, Venmo has been the go-to mobile app that lets people easily transfer money between friends, family and anyone else using the Venmo app. If you prefer not to open your wallet or make out a check, this may just work for you.
How to open a Venmo Account
1. Download the Venmo mobile app (iOS or Android)
2. Open the Venmo app
3. Choose your sign up method and create a secure password (between 8 and 32 characters long).
4. Verify your phone number and email address
5. Add and verify your bank account
Easy! Your are now ready to make and receive payments…
How to Pay with Venmo
1. Tap the Venmo app to open it
2. Sign in using your email, username, or phone number – and use password you created
3. Tap the “pay or request” icon in the top right corner of your screen
4. Enter the name, Venmo username, phone number, or email of the recipient
5. Enter the amount you wish to pay your recipient
6. Tap “Pay” to send money
7. Wait for your recipient to accept your funds
You’re done. Yay! If you have any questions, I would be happy to help you out at our next lesson or check out the Venmo help center.